There are a ton of great web hosting service providers in the market. And, when we say web hosting service, Bluehost is one of the names that come to mind. But what makes Bluehost different from its competitors? And, is Bluehost even worth it?
In this Bluehost review, I will discuss the pros, cons, pricing, features, and FAQ of Bluehost so that you take the best decision for your business.
What Is Bluehost?
Bluehost, a company founded in 2003, is a part of Endurance International Group (EIG). EIG holds a massive share of the Hosting market, having control over other Web Hosting Service Providers such as iPage and HostGator.
Bluehost distinguishes itself from others by providing affordable web hosting services while providing a list of services and products to help users get started. Blue Host is great for budding business people who wanted to start their own business, or for people who wanted a reliable Web Hosting Service provider. It seems that Bluehost is trustworthy enough that even WordPress recommends them in their Website’s Hosting Tab.
Related: Best Web Hosting For Beginners
They have different hosting packages you can choose from, their cheapest being $2.75 per month. The package usually comes with unmetered bandwidth, SSL Certificate, and free Global CDN. They also made sure to provide free daily, weekly, and monthly backups.
Bluehost Product Review: What Are The Products That Bluehost Offers?
Before finding the perfect Web Hosting provider, you need to know first what they have in store for you. Bluehost provides different web hosting-related products such as domain names and dedicated servers. Here is a list of the Bluehost products you may want to check out:
- Domain Name – Although they are known as a Web Hosting provider, they are also a dedicated Domain Name Registrar. You can directly purchase your domain names from them. This is great for people not wanting to look for another domain name registrar. However, this service is not affordable with the starting price of $17.99 a year at renewal.
- WordPress Hosting – As mentioned, Bluehost is being recommended by WordPress itself. So, it is no surprise when they offer WordPress Hosting for users. What’s great with Bluehost is that their hosting service is WordPress-focused. It means that the tools are optimized for WordPress sites, and include perks such as Staging Area. This product starts at $29.99 a month.
- WooCommerce Hosting – WooCommerce is a well-known eCommerce Plug-in for WordPress. It is recommended for users who want to set up their online stores.
- Dedicated Servers – This is a great product for users who want a remote server for their only use. It also ensures a better level of privacy and allows users to configure the server in any way they choose. Dedicated Servers are highly recommended for websites receiving high levels of traffic. This package’s cost starts at $124.99 a month.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) – VPS is described as something in between a Dedicated Server and a Shared Hosting. It can be described as having a virtual wall between users and their clients even if they are on a shared server. The prices for this product can range from $29.99 to $124.99 a month.
- Shared Hosting – As its name suggests, Shared Hosting allows users to share the server. However, you will be provided with a separate hosting space. This product is ideal for users who are not managing a large project. For this product, users can avail it for a price ranging from $8.99 to $25.99 per month.
Related: Best Domain Name Providers
Bluehost Review: The Pros And Cons
Obviously, there is no perfect Web Hosting Service provider. So, this is a challenge for users – to find a compatible hosting provider for them. For us to weigh which provider works for us, we need to know the pros and cons.
- Bluehost is reliable, having over 2,000,000 sites to host. Users can infer that this hosting provider is doing the right thing to have this many users. Although they have millions to take care of, their websites have minimum downtime.
- They have a wide range of hosting plan options and products. As already mentioned, Bluehost also offers its users hosting-related products. This makes it a little bit easier and accessible to users.
- Bluehost makes sure that its users feel safe with their several security features that include SSL, unique IPs, and Sitelock Protection.
- Speaking of SSL, Bluehost offers free SSL Certificates and free Cloudfare CDN for each website.
- They also provide free domain names for the first year after users sign up.
- Another free service from Bluehost, they offer anti-spam solutions built in the cPanel.
- If you plan to upgrade your plan to VPS or Dedicated Server, Bluehost makes it easier for users as there is no need to move the website.
- Definitely, one of their best offers, Bluehost provides a 30-day money-back guarantee for all their hosting plans. No questions asked!
- Although the domain name is free for the first year, the renewal price is higher than the average.
- Unfortunately, the Bluehost servers are only available in Linux. It is not currently available for Windows Hosting.
- Bluehost has an aggressive method of upselling their add-ons. This could be a massive turn-off for users. As soon as you sign-up, they immediately start offering other products. However, you can uncheck all the add-ons if you find them unnecessary.
- For added security, you may be required to do your own daily backups.
- Bluehost’s shared hosting option is not offered month-to-month.
- If you plan to migrate from a different hosting provider to Bluehost, you are charged a fee. Other hosting companies offer this for free.
Related: Create A Website With WordPress
Bluehost Plans And Prices Review
Bluehost offers different plans to accommodate different clients and their needs. All plans, however, install WordPress and provide a hosting control panel for users. To better understand and determine which Bluehost plan is for you, let us take a look at each of them:
The Basic Plan allows users to host one website. The plan includes the following features:
- One Domain
- 25 Subdomains
- Five Email Accounts (100MB storage of each Email Account)
- 500 GB SSD for Storage
It will cost users $2.75 per month for the first term, and $8.99 per month for renewal of the account.
Unlike Basic, Plus allows users to host unlimited websites. Other features include:
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Web Space
- Unlimited Email Accounts
The Plus plan starts at $4.95 per month for its first term. For renewal of the plan, it will cost users $11.99 per month.
3- Choice Plus
Choice Plus plan has all the features of the Plus Plan. What distinguishes it from the latter is Choice Plus provides its users’ domain privacy and automated daily backups. These automated backups made by Code Guard usually cost around $80 per year. If you’re planning to try Choice Plus Plan, you will be paying $5.45 per month for the first term. For renewal, you will be paying an increased amount of $16.99 per month.
Pro Plan is the most expensive, but most comprehensive Bluehost plan. Besides all the features already mentioned, Pro Plan offers the users a dedicated IP address. For the first term, you will be paying $13.95 per month. For renewal, you will be paying $23.99 per month.
As observed, there is a big discrepancy as to the increase in the renewal monthly payment. Be sure to be cautious when choosing a plan for you. However, you may choose any plan you may want to try. Bluehost allows its users to upgrade its hosting plan whenever they want.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bluehost
- Is Bluehost beginner-friendly?
Yes, Bluehost is perfect for people starting their website. That’s why, when users avail of Bluehost, WordPress is automatically installed. They have a hosting control panel for users to easily manage their hosting accounts. They have customer support available through live chat and phone if users need assistance.
- Which of the Bluehost plans should I get?
All the plans have excellent features, so it all depends on your needs. You can try their basic plan, and upgrade it once your needs change. Add-ons are also available in case you want more for your website.
- Is Bluehost great for online sellers?
Yes! Bluehost is an excellent WooCommerce Hosting service provider. A basic plan is a good starting point for your eCommerce site. However, as your traffic increases, it is encouraged that users upgrade their plans.
Bluehost is an awesome Web Hosting service provider with a wide range of plans accessible to most users. If you are starting out and want to find a reliable hosting service, then Bluehost is a great choice. It is readily connected to WordPress and WooCommerce.
Compared to other Hosting Service Providers, a lot of websites ranked Bluehost as the number one hosting provider. In case of queries, their customer support will assist you through it. There are also a ton of discounts and vouchers available for anyone planning to start with Bluehost.
If you are still uncertain which hosting provider to go to, take your time and learn more about Bluehost and other providers. The best web hosting provider for you may be waiting around the corner